Weekly Engineering News 41/2008: back to the basics

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Wed Oct 15 15:01:01 CEST 2008

I couldn't be happier!!! OM is listening indeed.  :D

I  know a few people will probably be disappointed because the
eye-candy won't get much attention for the next few months, but I know
that as soon as everybody start reaping the benefits of the Neo as a
lean-and-mean-robust-machine then our love for the OM project and the
faith on OM products will grow exponentially, not only inside the
community, but also outside. We will finally be able to show the
public what this project is about, without suffering inappropriate
comments such as "what, you can't pick up a call on your new
phone??"... ;)  People often fail to see the beauty when in presence
of a small spec of dirt.
The day I see my Neo booting in 5 seconds or less with a rock-solid
audio and networking stack (including wifi) and no standby/resume
problems... Woohooo, I'll fly from Portugal to Taipei myself and pay a
round of beers to the OM people!!! :D :D