Back to the basics: improving user experience

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at
Thu Oct 16 11:36:26 CEST 2008

Christ van Willegen schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:47 AM, John Lee <john_lee at> wrote:
>> We assembled a team to focus on improving the user experience.  Here
>> is our todo list at the moment:
>> So, tell us what you want, then the coding monkeys will start working!
> Speed, speed, speed...
> [...]
> Suspend is quite good at the moment, but when the display is 'blanked'
> and the system is not in suspend, maybe pressing the 'power' button
> could up the screen instead. Now it wakes up and immediately
> suspends.

what distro did you use?
my suspend / resum still kills my sound. (Pulsaudio)
and that means it isn't realy a phone. it's more an extention pack for
my laptop :)

i am using Om2008.8 stable.

see this ticket for more details:

my priority list would be:
stable suspend / resume
upgrade to kernel 2.6.26 / 2.6.27
faster boot.

but maybe it is better first to go to a new kernel in the hope that some
suspend resume problems just go away by magic ;)