Back to the basics: improving user experience

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at
Thu Oct 16 11:54:43 CEST 2008

W.Kenworthy schrieb:
> It often takes several boots before the pin dialog comes up. If you
> forget while waiting and it does come up but its awhile until you get to
> it, it will hang so you have to reboot anyway.  Sometimes restarting X
> helps, but not always
don't know if you already optimized your
/opt/Qtopia/etc/default/Trolltech/*Storage.conf * file.
But that helped me a lot with the pin dialog.

i didn't disable the hole media card like it is in the thread. i just
disabled "Applications" and "Removable"