Back to the basics: improving user experience

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Thu Oct 16 13:48:09 CEST 2008

I agree with you partly; the main efforts should go into getting the
new framework out - *as long as it runs on a rock-solid core system*.
So I support the idea of accelerating the FSO integration... but in
the meantime people have to use the sucking Qtopia ware in their
everyday life, because there is no realistic alternative. FSO is still
very incomplete at the user level.

Today, the "complete" system is not reliable and the reliable system
is not complete at all.

If you fix the core and qtopia now, everybody gets a working phone,
and FSO gets a more reliable development core. You favor the users,
which are the noisier people. ;)
If you jump start FSO into main distro, there will still not exist a
complete system that can be used everyday. You favor the developers,
who could wait a little more (but not long!) and ARE ALSO USERS.

So please just make it work solidly, and then integrate FSO. :)