Back to the basics: improving user experience

Ken Young rtm at
Thu Oct 16 22:19:49 CEST 2008

John Lee wrote:
> Hi,

> Like Wolfgang said in

> We assembled a team to focus on improving the user experience.  Here
> is our todo list at the moment:

> I would like to ask the community:

> What do you want us to work on?

For my 2 cents, I'd suggest that OM choose one distribution, either
2008.x or (more likely) FSO, and concentrate on getting basic phone
and SMS functionality, with suspend/resume, to work very reliably on
that distribution.   Until that is done, I'd recommend ignoring everything
else.   Unless the Freerunner works as a phone, the thing is just a toy
for nerds no matter how wonderfully anything else might work on it.

Ken Young