Navit questions...

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Sat Oct 18 03:03:04 CEST 2008

(i finally ordered and received a Freerunner :) )

Lothar Behrens a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I got installed navit and after some tries I got the correct
> germany.bin file by downloading it with a wget -O germany.bin ...
> quicklink.
>
> For a brief feedback: Very good !
Thanks :)

> A longer 'play with it': There is many times eaten much cpu time by
> navit when a route was or is calculated. Is this a known problem ?
>
> If navit needs to calculate a big route, isn't it good to display a
> hint window or a status message instead leaving the user unknown and let
> even the whole GUI stay blocked like with a message box when tapping
> on the screen and let the calculations done in a background thread ?
This issue has been around for some time :
http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/15
It used to work, then was removed because code was changed, and it
hasn't been reimplemented yet.

> It seems that this comes also into play when the position is changed,
> thus a recalculation would propably triggered ?
If you go outside of the planned route, a new route is computed, yes

> I am also a programmer, but this seems to be a untrivial issue for a
> newbie for that code.
If you're willing to help, feel free to contact me or join #navit on
freenode. You will get there all the help you should need :)

Thanks for your interest..

Sorry for the delayed answer, there is quite some activity here :)