[Debian] installer script

Matthew Lane malane at purdue.edu
Sat Oct 18 23:19:09 CEST 2008

Hey all,

I'm trying to install Debian on the freerunner using the install.sh script.

I keep getting stuck at Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table. and
then my script exits.  I've tried individually installing, but after the
"install" step the script fails to install.

I've added a u-boot environment boot option to lower the clock to
10,000,000 as instructed on the bug report here:
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1743

After booting with this option, without going into suspend, and after
killing qpe:

DASH_BINSH=false SD_PART1_FS=vfat ./install.sh all

The script terminates after the partition stage.  I'm using a SanDisk
8GB uSDHC card.

I'm using the latest GTA02v5_and_up NAND u-boot.

I think I remember seeing some more instructions, but I can't seem to
find them anywhere.  Anyone have an idea of how to proceed from here?