Fennec on Openmoko

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Sun Oct 19 05:25:53 CEST 2008

Xavier Cremaschi wrote:
> I installed it using :
> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2008/ipk/glibc/armv4t/base/
> but I have a ratio problem, display is quite good with X over ssh and
> default resolution (but I cannot see my mouse pointer) but when I resize
> Fennec the ratio stays the same and display becomes ugly (display is
> ugly too on Freerunner, even in landscape).

Yeah. That's the problem. The rendering is not so good since the
keyboard pop-ups on each loading and so fennec thinks that you're using
a smaller screen than the one you're using.

However to get better performances (but not completely usable, BTW) with
that package, you should upgrade libpixman to the 0.12 version [1] and
then to have a better aspect (not to make the menus, icons and co. to be
too big) you have to force the screen dpi in the preferences.
To do it use about:config or, after the first run, edit the file:
 /home/root/.mozilla/fennec/*/prefs.js
adding:
 user_pref("layout.css.dpi", 96);
Or lower if you want (72 goes well).

Some days ago I sent some screenshots on scap. Here's an example [2].

Unfortunately I'm too busy to open bugs at mozilla.org, so if is there
anyone with their bugzilla account, please fill some bugs about this!

PS: a swap space/file could help you in your tests :|

[1] http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/?pkgname=libpixman-1-0
[2] http://3v1n0.net/openmoko/fennec-openmoko-optimized-3v1n0.net.png

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux