[Debian] Auxlaunch

Ben ben at aid.xdns.eu
Sun Oct 19 08:51:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

thx again Aliasid, but I've got troubles with DMS :

ben at debian-gta02:~$ ./auxlaunch -dms
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./auxlaunch", line 246, in <module>
    auxl = AuxLaunch(sys.argv)
  File "./auxlaunch", line 130, in __init__
    [dmsLbl, dmsImg, dmsCmd] = load_from_dms()
  File "./auxlaunch", line 228, in load_from_dms
    app[pair[0]] = pair[1].strip('"')
IndexError: list index out of range
ben at debian-gta02:~$

And I'm asking if the most interesting way is not to create a
middle-hand for a special menu (configured in .auxlaunchrc).
For exemple, on window :
 - left-hand == choice of menu
 - middle-hand == app of the menu
 - right-hand == switcher

And put in .auxlauchrc, something like :

M1=System App,/opt/myicons/system_apps.png,
M2=Games,/opt/myicons/games.png,
M3=System Fonctions,/opt/myicons/system_fonctions.png,

M1,XTerm,xterm,/usr/share/pixmaps/xterm-color_32x32.xpm,
M1,Rox,rox,/usr/share/rox/images/dirs.png,
M2,codebreaker,codebreaker,/opt/myicons/codebreaker.png,
M3,Suspend,apm -s,gtk-media-pause,
M3,Cancel,(cancel),gtk-cancel,
M3,Quit,(quit),gtk-quit,

Is it possible ? Maybe the 3 divisions will be too much ? And if the
name of the top button division is under the icon ?
I really don't know how to make that, sorry ..

Otherwise I've made a patch for AUX hide/unhide (thx
matchbox-keyboard-toggle) c.f. patch-auxlaunch_hide
Sorry if the code is horrible I really never code in PyGTK and haven't
a lot of time for it, but that works.