Back to the basics: improving user experience

Feydreva feydreva at lsu.fr
Sun Oct 19 16:36:38 CEST 2008

I am not a developer, but i test the images and try to use the openmoko...
My main issue with Openmoko are :

1) Battery life : only 4hrs, and when you charge it, it discharge itself
after a while. I cannot use it as a daily phone.... :/
2) Basic telephony : the phone should wake up faster than it does now....
the time the phone wakes up, rings, and you pick the call, there has been 6
rings for the other party, and may already be on the voicemail
3)Basic text message should work flawlessly.
4) A way to set up the sound and rings ... There is actually no gui for that
5) I haven;t find yet where to activate the PIN or not... I put 1 sim card
that asked for a pin, it work.. I put a another sim card, where no pin is
needed.. it was still asking for a pin... (I had to reflash to solve this
one) but there is no Menu where I could choose, Pin on/off, if pin on, set
up the pin....

I do not care at all about any other application. I want a daily phone...
where i can receive, make call, receive and send text message, and have the
phone a day with me, wihotut having to cahrge it every 2 hrs... (8-10 hrs
battery life would be better, with wifi on, gps off)

Until we reach this point, I will continue tu use my dumb phone eeyday, and
the FR will catch some dust on a shelve...

Peace
Philippe