One more rotate version

Fabian Henze CC.Fan at gmx.de
Mon Oct 20 01:37:33 CEST 2008

Hi,
As it seems popular these days to publish a custom version of the rotate
program, I am also going to do it.
After reading the source code of Rui Miguel Silva Seabra's rotate program, I
found some parts that could be improved and hacked on those. The result differs
from the original in the following points:
 - No brightness control (Its just annoying)
 - Imo better (and faster) heuristics
 - Fewer errors and false positives (the display won't rotate while the phone
is shaken around or sth. like this)
 - uses fewer CPU cycles (I have not done much research, because it would not
even show up in top)
BUT:
 - It still suffers from the "accelerometers stop working after a while" bug.

I would much appreciate feedback on the program and especially on the quality
of the code. And I would even more appreciate a better accelerometer driver so
userland hacks like one by Oscar Casamitjana are not necessary anymore

-- Fabian