[Om2008.9] man pages??? && killing events/0

Alex Osborne ato at meshy.org
Mon Oct 20 10:11:04 CEST 2008

Matthias Apitz wrote:

> I thing Linux/UNIX goes the wrong way if we depend on Google to lookup
> man pages;

We don't.  Well, at least anyone actually running Linux doesn't.  Just
typing "man proc" worked for me. ;-)  I added the Google link as an
after-thought in case you were running something else.

> Now we're getting closer; thanks for the hint; maybe it would be a good
> idea if we have *all* man pages installed at
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/
> or even as a fetch-able tar ball;

Sure, that sounds handy!  Maybe you could contribute one? :-)

> in KDE you can just put 'man:ssh' into
> the KDE's browser Konqueror and you get what you want;

That'd work too, just install dropbear on your PC and I bet you could
view its manpage with Konqueror as well.