Echo issue on OM2008.08 solved

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at
Mon Oct 20 11:15:36 CEST 2008

Michael Zanetti a écrit :
> On Wednesday 15 October 2008 08:18:40 Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>> Here you are [1]. It includes also the mwester fix for re-registering
>> network and my workaround for GSM firmware crash. I hope it won't have
>> any incompatibility with your installed Qtopia...
>> [1]
> Thanks for the lib. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to fix the echo issue here...
> Also the buzzing noise is still very loud...
> Any suggestions?

For what I read in :
I think I can write 2 things :

Firstly : there is a difference between :
- echo cancellation (what we want)
- echo suppression (no transmission when no one talks)
Even if
ends with 'cancellation', are we sure we are talking about that ?
Some older posts in this thread mentioned 'echo suppression'...

Secondly : the buzzing noise is due to RF (radiofreq) parasites, and
seems to be a hardware problem (related to the jack, because plugging a
jack increases the noise a lot more).
As long as we do not have a software fix (like for GPS/SDcard) or a
hardware easy-to-do hack, maybe we should use a bluetooth earset because
it seems to be a valid solution, cf. last messages in mentioned thread.