One more rotate version

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Oct 20 15:09:45 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 01:33:20PM +0200, Fabian Henze wrote:
> On 20.10.2008 at 12:00:36, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 01:37:33AM +0200, Fabian Henze wrote:
> > > As it seems popular these days to publish a custom version of the rotate
> > > program, I am also going to do it.
> >
> > heh, you could've just sent a patch :)
>
> Then I would have to write in your style, which I am not used to :p

It would be easier than fixing the indent in order to join the patch and
have you as a co-author :)

I'm not prickly about any style, that's just my default and it's
manually done.

If someone can cookup indent recipes for converting between one and
another I'd gladly use it to facilitate integration :)

> > > After reading the source code of Rui Miguel Silva Seabra's rotate
> > > program, I found some parts that could be improved and hacked on those.
> > > The result differs from the original in the following points:
> > >  - No brightness control (Its just annoying)
> >
> > I found that ever since I added it I never again had the weird split
> > screen after rotation bug which sometimes happened when going
> > horizontal.
> >
> > Doesn't that ever occur to you?
> It always occur if I switch from xrandr -o 1 to xrandr -o 3. However only
> then.
>
> > >  - uses fewer CPU cycles (I have not done much research, because it would
> > > not even show up in top)
> >
> > ? I hardly ever see mine on top, and even so when it did never more than
> > 1% (especially with the dimmed screen).
>
> oh, okay^^ Your announce message said something around 0.9%.

That was previously... and when I saw it :)

> > > BUT:
> > >  - It still suffers from the "accelerometers stop working after a while"
> > > bug.
> >
> > This is hopefully a driver problem (if it's a hardware problem we're
> > SOL).
>
> Yeah hopefully. I have tried running cat /dev/input/event3 and it also stops
> after some time.
> @openmoko-devs: this would be a great bugfix for your 'back to the basics' path

:)

--
Or not.
Today is Pungenday, the 1st day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?