Partitionning separate /home/ floder to SD

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:27:44 CEST 2008

Flash has limited writes in its lifetime. That is why we have special
filesystems for flash [1],[2] (e.g. jffs2).

ext3 (due to its journalling) might not be good idea for Sd-card. I think
ext2 would fare fine except that it might be left with corrupted FS in case
improper shutdown but at least it would not impact the life of the card.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Iain B. Findleton
<ifindleton at videotron.ca>wrote:

> I did appear to observe that using ext3 on the uSD partitions
> appears to be faster than using FAT file systems, however.

--VIkas

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flash_file_systems#Flash_memory_.2F_solid_state_media_file_systems
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAND_flash#Flash_file_systems