Android open sourced

Didier Raboud didier at raboud.com
Tue Oct 21 17:48:25 CEST 2008

Cédric Berger wrote:

> Here we are....

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2008/10/android-open-source-cell-phone.html

> time to port to Neo !

Hey... it says "open-source" (you can read the code) not "free software"
(you can do whatever you want)...

http://code.google.com/android/terms.html tells :

> 3.1 Subject to the terms of this License Agreement, Google grants you a
> limited, worldwide, royalty-free, non- assignable and non-exclusive
> license to use the SDK solely to develop applications to run on the
> Android platform.
>
> 3.2 (...)
>
> 3.3 Except to the extent required by applicable third party licenses, you
> may not copy (except for backup purposes), modify, adapt, redistribute,
> decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works of
> the SDK or any part of the SDK.

and others, and others and others... restrictions...

And for the code itself...

http://source.android.com/license/individual-contributor-license---android-open-source-project

You have to grant your copyright to Google...

I don't want to work non-paid for Google. But please do ! ;)

Regards,

OdyX
--
Swisslinux.org − Le carrefour GNU/Linux en Suisse −
http://www.swisslinux.org