Android open sourced

Tarandeep Gill taran.iota at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:38:14 CEST 2008

What my belief is that the Linux license means that anyone who obtains
a copy of the Linux Kernel in binary form, irrespective of how they
obtained that copy, has a right to the source code used to build that
exact Linux kernel binary. Derivative works of the Linux kernel also
fall into this category. This right can not be restricted or withheld
in any way.

That is the reason why Google HAD to release the source code with the
release of G1. :)

If they were thinking about the open source community, they would have
released it a lot earlier :)

 - Taran