Android open sourced

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Tue Oct 21 22:41:20 CEST 2008

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:52:02AM -0700, Jim Morris wrote:
>> Cédric Berger wrote:
>>> Here we are....
>>> http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2008/10/android-open-source-cell-phone.html
>> At last maybe we will get a stable, usable O/S for the Neo
>
> Ya t'ink?
>
>> exists). I was using Qt but QtExtended was a step backwards in stability. I am very happy to see
>> Android available for development, I may un-shelve my Neo blow off the dust and help port it!
>
> Let's hope that when you remove the proprietary crap you don't end up with a
> console prompt (or not much more...)
>
> Rui
>
> ps: yes, I'm not very hopeful of Google Android as a Free Software
> phone, it doesn't look very much like one...

Ya know I don't really care if it is open source or free source or commercial, so long as it is
stable and actually works as a phone! I have a $400 toy at the moment which I would like to use as a
phone one day.

I'll use anything that gets me closer to that goal.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com