Anyone interested in mentoring?

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Oct 22 00:57:03 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 07:00:19 Jason Cawood wrote:
> I've owned my freerunner since july and have tinkered with it a lot trying
> out everything you guys throw out there.  But I honestly don't know much
> about what I am doing... I'm to the point where I'd love to actually submit
> helpful bug reports and be able to SSH into my freerunner which I can't
> figure out how to put all the steps together for it to work for me.  I
> guess I know enough to get me in trouble, but I also know enough to undo
> what I did to get out of trouble also.  What I am asking is for someone to
> be willing to help me understand what I'm doing so that I can become
> helpful instead of dangerous.  In the end, I would like to produce a better
> how-to less technical than what is available now to help others get started
> who are lost in technical data and instructions.

Gday :)

Don't be scared to ask questions on the list. If you are truly stuck with
using a particular facility, ask away! ... If you are worried that the
questions will clutter an otherwise, well, _cluttered list_ then I'm sure
people will be willing to communicate in a limited fashion off-list. Myself
included.

Mentoring might be the wrong term as it implies some obligation from the
person assisting. If you were contributing code then I'm sure someone might
consider it.

Sarton