netfix testers?

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Oct 22 03:02:30 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 05:44:08 Joel Newkirk wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:29:30 +0100, Alastair Johnson
>
> <alastair at truebox.co.uk> wrote:
> > Joel Newkirk wrote:
> >> OK, I posted the updated package to
> >> htp://newkirk.us/om/testing/netfix-j2.tar.gz - using 'route' instead of
> >> 'ip' now to set up default routes.  So the only external dependency
> >
> > should
> >
> >> be for resolvconf on SHR and Raster (and I'm guessing FSO).
> >>
> >> Please test and post results or problems to this thread.
> >
> > Sounds good. I'll give it a try when I get the chance. It sounds like it
> > should combine well with dnsmasq or similar.
>
> I've been using djbdns dnscache.  You just need the cache startup to also
> invoke "echo 'nameserver 127.0.0.1' | resolvconf -a lo" and it always uses
> local cache first, drops to next priority if cache is broken or stopped.
> You can also stuff a custom script in /etc/resolvconf/update.d that will be
> able to take the prioritized nameservers and update your cache to use them
> as upstream caches.  (I've an example script for dnscache, but it expects
> it to be running under the full daemontools+tcpserver setup whereas I run
> it as a simple standalone service)
>
> http://newkirk.us/om/dnscache_2.1.5_armv4t.ipk ;)

Still yet to try, my apologies. om2008 testing died on me recently so I'm
giving a few days until I chroot in and update again.

I have nothing but respect for djb's tools, it hadn't twigged when you first
mentioned dnscache, as it's been ... a while :) ... I'd say you've made the
appropriate selection :)

Sarton