Building Angstrom distro for non-gta architecture

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:54:33 CEST 2008

2008/10/22 Shaz <shazalive at gmail.com>

> Hi folks,
>
> I want to build the angstrom distribution or the FSU for ARM
> VersatilePB. I need to know what I can do to the mokoMakefile so that
> I can get it working. If tthis is not possible than what else should I
> do to handle the build with OE?

MokoMakefile should be used to build 2008.x openmoko distributions.
Makefile at downloads.freesmartphones.org should be used to build FSO.
If you want to build Angstrom you should follow official angstrom build
instructions.
You should set a MACHINE in your conf file and oe will build your distro for
the right CPU.
I'm doing some test with "qemuarm" and using built images with
qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb runs, I have only to investigate why the
mouse does not works with opie/gpe.

Regards

    Nicola