Funambol on freerunner

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Wed Oct 22 23:32:47 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 18:11:04 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 05:32:56PM +0200, Raf Goetschalckx wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I was wondering if anyone has experience with using Funambol (opensource
> > sync & mail) on the freerunner
> > according to this link :
> > http://www.funambol.com/news/pressrelease_2006.11.07.php Funambol and
> > OpenMoko are partnering.
> >
> > Looking forward to any info
>
> I suspect this has to do with OpenMoko focusing on making the phone good
> and Funambol on making good applications, is it so, I wonder... :)
>
> Rui

I guess this is an open secret already, but just in case someone wants to have
a synchronisation solution which uses SyncML:

https://code.launchpad.net/~sasch-pe/+junk/qtopia-ds

This tool can be used to sync your appointments, tasks and contacts with any
SyncML capable server or web-services (my.funambol.com, ...). The current
solution was written against and tested with Qtopia-4.3.1, it is known to
compile and run with Qtopia-4.4.0 (and probably QtExtended) but there are
issues in the backend I used (Funambol C++ Client API), so if somebody wants
to step up, I would be glad to offer some help :-) And of course I'd like to
see it integrated somehow into one of those OpenMoko distros.

--
Sascha