running om2008 as normal user

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 00:45:44 CEST 2008

2008/10/24 arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>:
>> I have been using debian so that all X apps run as normal user for
>> almost a month now.
>
> with everything? suspend, gps, wlan, you name it?

i've tried debain too, as normal user and it was great

i got gps working no problem. can't comment on wlan, though -
corruption bug on microsd stuffed up that idea. back to om2008 at the
moment till it's fixed

accelerometers also should not be an issue. gsm part works fine - i've
made calls and sent texts

there's info on the wiki how to use suspend as a normal user. it's a
bit hacky and i don't think that secure (basically suggests adding the
user to sudo group, then requiring no password to use sudo), but i'm
sure a better way could be found

Timo's solution sounds interesting, might be worth a look