New home for the New FDOM

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Fri Oct 24 02:07:00 CEST 2008

On Friday 24 October 2008 07:33:04 David Samblas wrote:
> Quoting Matt Luzum <mluzum at gmail.com>:
> > Also, the tarball unpacks everything into var/tmp/root/.  If I move
> > everything from there into the root directory of the SD partition it
> > boots, although I can't start contacts or the dialer.  That could be
> > something I did wrong, though.

I don't think so. This was happening to me on testing and was due to a missing
ld.so.cache. I had to uncomment ldconfig form the startup scripts to prevent
this from occurring. I'm not sure what the correct fix really is, as I'm not
sure as to the intended layout of the filesystem.

> No surely something I did wrong
> any body sees what's wrong in this sentece to make a tarball of a neo
> rootfs?
>
> #ssh root at neo "tar -cp /var/tmp/root -C /var/tmp/root"|gzip - >
> Fat_and_Dirty_OM.200808-updates.20080909.rootfs.tar.gz

I'd say it's fine but you can abbreviate a bit by using 'tar cpzf' which will
incorporate gzip. I think tar will preserve permissions automatically aswell,
it's only when extracting I believe.

Sarton