Need help to run java apps on openmoko

Peter Neubauer peter at neubauer.se
Fri Oct 24 15:09:26 CEST 2008

Well,
on standard 2008.9 or so, you should be able to install

opkg install jamvm

to start with. Starting a visual java program from the command line
(logging in via ssh) would then be:

export DISPLAY=:0.0 && jamvm -jar myJar.jar

If you are running Debian, you can even install classpath, openjdk,
harmony etc, but they tend to be quite slow (but Java5)

HTH

/peter

http://www.oredev.se - Be there or be gone.

GTalk:        neubauer.peter