European Freerunner in USA?

Bryan DeLuca openmoko at
Fri Oct 24 21:21:55 CEST 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:46:05 +0200
joakim at wrote:

> I'm going to travel to the USA next month from Sweden. I will be in San
> Fransisco and Vegas.
> I would like to use my Freerunner as much as possible as a phone, so I
> have some questions:
> - Will gsm roaming with Telenor(Vodaphone) work well, or should I buy a
> temporary card in the states?
> - I have Huawei E220 and E270 3g (HSUPA) modems, do they work well in
> the states? How much will a temporary flat rate 3g card cost?
> --
> Joakim Verona

I'm not the best person to respond to this, but I think the most compatible network would be T-mobile.  Not sure on your roaming options.  There are several prepaid options from T-Mobile ($1/day, 10¢/minute, etc.) on their site and they include t-zones (limited internet access).

Hope this helps,

Bryan DeLuca <openmoko at>