Android open sourced

Sat Oct 25 11:35:09 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 22 Oct 2008 10:16:55 pm Andy Selby wrote:
> > Since i got my neo rather recently, i have only tried 4.4.1. Is 4.3 still
> > the better choice? A couple of days ago i lost my daily use phone
> > (motoming A1200) and so i now need to use the FR as my daily phone.
>
> 4.3 is usable as a daily phone for me (YMMV),rock solid suspend and
> resume, no dialer issues.
> 4.4.1 is a bit unstable for daily use.

I have been on with 4.3 for almost a day now. The moment i try to make a call
it crashes. I am able to receive calls fine. I did have to change the
gsmhandset.state file to prevent the echo.

4.4.1 never really crashed but has bugs like my inability to save a number to
the contacts list from the call logs. Is that part of the contacts
application? The contacts application is much more usable too with the
alphabets on the right. 4.4 also has the inertial scrolling improvement which
makes it really easy to browse contacts but its buggy with the touchscreen
that registers far too many accidental clicks while scrolling.

I am now tending towards 4.4 i really hope there is an update soon that fixes
the obvious bugs. Anything expected soon?
--
Cheers!
Kishore