``Freerunner reliable and stable''?!

Peter Mogensen apm at bigendian.dk
Sun Oct 26 11:59:03 CET 2008

Ole Kliemann wrote:
> Me as well as several others - as I read here on the lists - have bought
> our FR when it was released somehow expecting it being consumer-ready.
> It was the general notion that GTA01 was for developers, GTA02 for
> end-user.

Well... It would be too optimistic to expect a "consumer-ready" device.
It was no secret that the software was lacking.
But I think it was not unreasonable from the initial messages from OM to
expect a device with no critical irrecoverable hardware errors.

> Which is simply not true. Qtopia of course suffers from the same
> hardware and kernel issues as just any other distro.

Excatly.
And I hope 1st. priority from OM is to solve all these basic kernel
problems, so (for example) the confusion about GSM/audio noise/echo can end.

/Peter