``Freerunner reliable and stable''?!

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Sun Oct 26 12:12:42 CET 2008

> I'm a bit tired of all those (useless) threads like this. I DO USE the FR
> with Om2008.9 for everyday use, I do not even own any other cellphone.
> We should improve what we have and stop useless discussions, as well
> about Google's trick of Android which has nothing todo with free
> software.

I agree.

On http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner everyone can read:

The FreeRunner can be purchased from the Online Store
<http://www.openmoko.com> as of July 3, 2008. The software available on
the phone makes it suitable for power users and developers only -- it is
not yet ready for the general consumer.

So whining that it is not ready for the regular user is kind of sad.
There is a difference between a regular and a power user, and that is
not only the letters it takes to write the words.

If you enjoy your job, you never have to work.

Running on Mandriva Linux 2008 and Ubuntu 8.04