``Freerunner reliable and stable''?!

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 14:12:18 CET 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Iain B. Findleton
<ifindleton at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Sorry to disagree. There was lots of info about how the FR was not ready
> for prime time available when I bought mine. I think it is pretty clear

Don't get me wrong (I love my FR)
but when I bought it (preordered it very soon) it was still marketed
as a working phone, not a developper phone. Not only on openmoko.com,
but also on openmoko.org. (And yes I informed myself very good, I read
almost every mail).

> that this machine is a hackers box that makes phone calls, and that is
> what I bought. I use the thing for phone calls and it works just fine.
But that is the problem, it still can't make reliable phone calls
(echo has been partly fixed, gsm buzzing sound still around and I
havent tested the latest image but until recently the calypso chip
keeps re-registering). I have tried everything a thousand times,
2007.2, ASU, 2008.8, 2008.9, FDOM, FSO, Qtopia... and never have
gotten a "working phone"

a lot of problems like thelimited bus (glamo's fault) were told, but
everything you could read said it would be a working phone

I vote in favour of editing openmoko.com, at least for now