custom beeps

lanzo lanzato at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 15:11:39 CET 2008

Hi!
I would like a lot to be able to play custom beeps just like I do on my
desktop pc using something like the "beep" command.

I've looked around in the ML but I only found posts abot event beeps based
on mp3-wav files, and instead I'd like to be able to play my custom beeps at
an established frequency and duration. I am going to use that for short
beep-coded messages (wifi intercepted, out of gsm range etc...).

I guess this way it would take much less cpu and battery consuption, and
would be very handy to create event beeps.

I've found this file
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/beep-1.2.2.tar.gz on
angstrom site. I tried to unpack and compile that on the FR, i got my
executable, but it just does nothing at all: no beeps, no terminal output.

Any hint?
Anybody else solved my problem in another way?

tnx very much!
lanzo