GTA03 - buttons or touchscreen

Jelle De Loecker skerit at
Mon Oct 27 00:05:05 CET 2008

Dale Maggee schreef:
> Jelle De Loecker wrote:
>> I wonder if most people's need for a physical keyboard is a
>> consequence of the GTA02's small screen. (Well, it's too small to use
>> as a screen AND a keyboard at the same time, I think)
>> Just make the screen big enough to use the virtual keyboard easily, I
>> think the iPhone proved it can work this way.
>> For me, adding a keyboard will just add more bagage to the phone which
>> I really do not want.
>> /Met vriendelijke groeten,/
>> *Jelle De Loecker*
>> Kipdola Studios - Tomberg
> The reason I want a physical keyboard is because I much prefer a
> keyboard with tactile feedback - you can feel the button, and you can
> feel it click down when you press it. Tactile feedback makes typing both
> faster and more accurate. These are things which a soft keyboard can
> never hope to provide.

That's very true, and I did take it into consideration.
(It also made me think of some technology which WOULD supply tactile
feedback through touchscreens, something I read about a while ago and
found again here: )

Anyway, I understand why you would prefer a keyboard, but I do not
believe it can be made big enough for the GTA03 while not hindering the
aesthetics of the device.

/Met vriendelijke groeten,/

*Jelle De Loecker*
Kipdola Studios - Tomberg