``Freerunner reliable and stable''?!

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Mon Oct 27 02:07:03 CET 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 02:22:08PM +0000, Stroller wrote:
> > So whining that it is not ready for the regular user is kind of
> > sad. ...
>
> A new purchaser might not know to read the wiki. Such a notice should
> also be on the Openmoko.com site, too, particularly pages around the
> online store.
>
> Openmoko have been advised about this on a number of occasions, and I
> thought they had even agreed to post such a notice. At present it
> seems quite easy to go to Openmoko.com, click on "Products" > "Buy
> now" > "USA" > "Store" > "Buy now" and not see such a notice.

Once again: I didn't mean to whine/rant or do anything alike on my post.
I just wanted to point out exactly this. I wasn't aware of the fact that
they already been advised several times about this. But that only makes
my question more legitimate. Why does OM refuse to fully disclose the
state of maturity on openmoko.com?

> Otherwise I do generally agree with you that these threads are
> unproductive. But the best way to deal with them is to remove all
> excuses to whine about Freerunner stability - by posting such a notice.

See above.

Ole