[2008.9] Forcing the charge rate on alternate chargers

Cameron Frazier frazier.cameron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:36:40 CET 2008

Hello all,

Is it possible to force the charging rate to a particular (500/1000 mA)?

I have a vehicle cigarette lighter -> USB charging adaptor capable of
1A, but I'm pretty sure my FR only charges at 100 mA.  I'd like to
force it to charge at at least 500mA.  I know there is some detection
circuitry to detect the FR charger and then it charges at the 1A rate,
but obviously my adaptor lacks the indicator.

I remember seeing something on the wiki a while back, but I can't seem
to find it now.

Any suggestions?

Cameron