GTA03 - buttons or touchscreen

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Oct 27 06:51:11 CET 2008

Sunday 26 October 2008 pike wrote:
> Hi
>
> > The reason I want a physical keyboard is because I much prefer a
> > keyboard with tactile feedback - you can feel the button, and you can
> > feel it click down when you press it.
>
> With the risk of being completely OT - you all
> know that the QWERTY keyboard was designed for
> the specific purpose of not having the hammers
> of the typewriter clash if you type too fast ?
> There's nothing very ergonomical about them.
> In that perspective, qwerty layouts have been
> legacy since the 70s.

Yup, acutely aware of this, and also of the fact that i personally find it
much more difficult to move one finger a short distance than i find it to
press two fingers in sequence. So... yeah, the guys that designed the qwerty
keyboard with slowing people down in mind kinda shot themselves in the feet on
that one ;)

(que the responses from the dvorak crowd ;) )

..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/