GTA03 - buttons or touchscreen

Daniel Benoy daniel at benoy.name
Mon Oct 27 15:59:14 CET 2008

Another option could be a simple flip phone with the standard telephone keypad.

Also, the demographic on the mailing list may be different from the demographic of openmoko's target market(s), so this vote might not be useful for them.

Despite that, I vote #3 and I would like a 'right click' ability too.  The combination would facilitate straight ports and standard window managers.

On Saturday 25 October 2008 12:39:18 you wrote:

> Ok Community,
>
> vote and tell OM what you want for the next phone
>
> [also realise this is still a long time away and Freerunner is available to buy
> now!]
>
> 1) touchscreen (no qwerty buttons) - freerunner, HTC Orbit, iphone
> 2) qwerty keyboard and tracker ball - blackberry curve
> 3) combination touchscreen plus qwerty - G1
>
> ***************************************
> Please don't write endless pages about why - just indicate which one YOU want.
>
> For myself my vote is
>
> 1) no, my HTC orbit experience was horrible (yes, i realise there are better)
> 2) yes, my preferred user input method - intuitive, fast, flexible
> 3) no, i think combo is too much to ask from OM right now
>
> ciao
> JW

Daniel Benoy
http://daniel.benoy.name