Fdom speed (was Re: New home for the New FDOM)

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Mon Oct 27 18:09:48 CET 2008

> Hi, I've just installed this latest FDOM on the SDCard. I was previously
> using QtopiaExtended and I can't help but notice that Qtopia seems to
> run faster. For example, with FDOM, I have to wait 5s after a start the
> Dialer application before I can enter a phone number. Am I the only one
> experiencing that ?

I think the difference is that FDOM is written mostly in Python, which
is an interpreted language, whereas Qte is written in C(++?) which is
compiled. Compiled stuff usually is faster.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
-James Bryant Conant

Running on Mandriva Linux 2008 and Ubuntu 8.04