Fdom speed (was Re: New home for the New FDOM)

Leonti Bielski prishelec at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:18:55 CET 2008

I think something is lowing down FDOM, maybe this is gestures daemon
(someone at some point said it eats a lot of CPU power)?
And another thing - it takes years to login via ssh to Freerunner with FDOM.
With other distributions I just enter 'ssh root at 192.168.0.202', press Enter
and immediately press Enter when it asks for password.
But with FDOM I actually have to wait till it gives me password promt.
This happens not only with the lates distribution but with all FDOM I tried.
But I still use sometimes to check for new things available for Freerunner.
Leonti