GPS sensitivity

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Mon Oct 27 20:43:43 CET 2008

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:09:34 +0100
"Leonti Bielski" <prishelec at gmail.com> wrote:

> My brother has Nokia N95 and it has about the same performance as my Neo.
> No fix inside, around 40 seconds fix outside.

Again, I must ask. Is AGPS enabled on the Nokia N95? That needs
to be specifically turned on, and a network connection available.
I only had the chance to play with a Nokia N95 for a few hours,
but with AGPS on, I got a sync indoors (well, not too far from a
window, but in an urban canyon with very poor line of sight) within
30s. Most GPS receivers I have tried there have not found a sync.

> So it's not worse than others.
[...]

Much as we all love OpenMoko, I find it hard to believe that a
device with AGPS has comparable or worse performance than one
without it. There are certainly many things about the N95 that
suck, but I sincerely doubt that it has worse GPS location
capabilities.

Regards,
Gora