Multi Wireless networks

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Oct 27 21:35:28 CET 2008

>> Network that i and well , my FR are in are very different , some of them
>> do ran DHCP and most of them not , how can i assign static ip address to
>> static essids ?
> I'm asking that too, can it be done in /etc/network/interfaces?

You can do it with wpa-supplicant.  The way to use it is described on
Debian in /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/README.Debian.gz.  The Om
networking setup seems strongly influenced by Debian, so that same
config might be usable there, although IIRC the Om2008.9 install seems
to lack some of the necessary scripts (at least /sbin/wpa_action), tho
you might be able to simply copy them from a Debian install.

        Stefan