Fdom speed (was Re: New home for the New FDOM)

nick d. blumph at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 01:16:10 CET 2008

Denis is right. It's trying to do a reverse DNS lookup. This plauges all
incorrectly configured linux distros. At least every so often on any one I
use.

Gestures daemon does use a bit but only 5% I believe. Just check with top. I
turn it off anyway as I don't use it at the moment:

update-rc.d -f gesd-neo2 remove

I think...
-Nick