suspend quality (was: Re: [FDOM] best kernel to use for new release)

Tue Oct 28 10:52:25 CET 2008

On Tuesday 28 Oct 2008 1:43:09 pm Richy wrote:
> qtextended an one mwester-kernel had standby-time of several days, if you
> never turn on wifi

My experience matches this and it gives me hope that it is indeed possible to
make the FR battery last longer. Typically, with about 10-15 mins of talking
per day, I loose about one bar for 24 hrs! Sot that's about 3 to 4 days of
battery life! But then sometimes (just sometimes) that it does not suspend
automatically and battery drains rapidly. There is no way to manually suspend
the FR (without the CLI) and reboot is the only way to set that straight. If
you turn on wifi once, it appears that it does not really turn off ever until a
reboot and again battery drains rapidly.

I find qtextended very usable as a daily phone; now only if it would default to
headset instead of speaker phone when answering calls... :(
--
Cheers!
Kishore