problem sometimes getting network connection to FR

joakim at verona.se joakim at verona.se
Tue Oct 28 13:15:32 CET 2008

Sometimes when I connect my Freerunner to my Fedora 9 laptop I get
messages in dmesg like these:

hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 3
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 23
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 24
usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 25
usb 4-1: device not accepting address 25, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 26
usb 4-1: device not accepting address 26, error -71
hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

then its impossible to get a network connection to the FR.

When I reboot the FR its normaly ok again.

What is the cause of this, and is it possible to work around?
--
Joakim Verona