Some debian questions

Benedikt Bär beniwtv at relamp.tk
Tue Oct 28 14:51:24 CET 2008

Hi all,

I am currently setting up a debian system on my FreeRunner, but I have
some questions. :)

1) I'm writing some python programs to interact with the FSO framework.
I have seen there's now support for a "rules" file, which seems quite a
nice idea.

Now, I would like to be able to modify these rules via my program. That
way, for example, I could set a screen blanking / suspend timeout but my
program wouldn't have to listen to events. It would automatically be
done by the framework.

Is this possible? If not, any plans to implement something like a D-BUS
interface for modifying rules?

2) I now have nice text scrolling by on boot, which is fine. However,
I'd like to have a splash screen for my non-tech friends :).

I've already installed splashy, however, it fails to use /dev/fb0.
However, the file seems to be there and according to dmesg a FB driver
is loaded.

I've also modified my u-boot environment to add splash and vga=317 to
the kernel command line, however it still doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas? Are there special parameters or so to activate this?
I see this with both mwester's last kernel and the OM2008.9 latest
kernel (which seems to have a splash?).

Thanks to all,
-
Benedikt

www.relamp.tk

This e-mail is digitally signed by a PGP key, to verify it's authenticity.
If you received this e-mail without key the e-mail may not be authentic.

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information.
It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. To reply to
our e-mail administrator directly, please send an e-mail to info at relamp.tk