GTA03 - buttons or touchscreen

Yair Mahalalel yair at mahalalel.com
Wed Oct 29 14:29:09 CET 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 01:56:26PM +0100, arne anka wrote:
> > Quoth Wikipedia --
>
> so, wikipedia is the source of TRUTH(TM) now?

No, but it's an excellent cache for it. Try to find a better verified
one with comparable levels of accessibility and breadth.

> btw, if you read correctly you would have noticed that the machine being
> prone to jam was a distinctly different concept than thos we know today.

Which is why pike called it 'legacy'. If you haven't called
something you basically agree with 'nonsense' I probably wouldn't have
bothered with the quote.

> all i am saying is: if you don't like qwert[y|z] don't use it -- it's  a
> pure matter of taste, not some sinister plot to cripple users ...

Not a plot but a de facto standard that is hard to avoid. You can't
assume users to be familiar with anything else or to habituate
themselves to a new input method. On the FR I plan to use the Twiddler
chording keyboard (see http://handykey.com), but like most people who
already know qwerty and need to use other people's computers
occasionally, the initial effort of learning a better method and the
ongoing price of having to continuously switch between them are simply
excessive.

Yair.