[debian/zhone] Start up customization

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:20:57 CET 2008

As they stand, I don't believe the zhone startup files support user
customization.  Such as (in my case) starting up fbpanel and
openmoko-panel-plugin.  Of course, you can change conf files under
/etc, but then you'll have a conflict to resolve on next upgrade.

I think what could work is
- in /etc/init.d/zhone-session, don't pass $PROG_FSO to /etc/X11/Xsession
- instead, drop a file into /etc/X11/Xsession.d which would set
STARTUP to zhone-session if not already set; this would come after the
file that looks for ~/.xsession.

Then a user can customize the startup by creating a .xsession which
ends with running zhone-session.

So (i) does that sound good, and (ii) if so, who should I send a patch to?

Thanks,
     Neil