no icons in 2008.testing

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Thu Oct 30 10:45:23 CET 2008

W.Kenworthy schrieb:
> Flashing the images for 26/27 and 28 showed icons.  Unusable for me
> though as only the 26th ever registered (rarely, seems to be due to
> installing the gsm mux by default - none of the distros I tried that
> uses it works for me) and then the illume theme continually segv's which
> is a real pain.
>
> BillK

with the gsm0710muxd  you need qtopia to know about it.
so in the file  "/etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia" there must be something
like this:

identvar=$(date +%s)
ptsvar=$(dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call
--dest=org.pyneo.muxer /org/pyneo/Muxer
org.freesmartphone.GSM.MUX.AllocChannel string:$identvar | grep string |
awk -F '"' '{ print $2 }')
export QTOPIA_PHONE_DEVICE=$ptsvar

# Now start Qtopia
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
/usr/bin/app-restarter "$QTOPIA_MESSAGE" qpe 2>&1 | logger &

this is with the angstrom gsm0710muxd,  maybe you need some other
"--dest" params with an other muxd version.