General GPS Question

Matthias Camenzind m.camenzind at
Thu Oct 30 19:44:15 CET 2008

I thought right now near same like you. I thought about the speed of satellites,
But also right now i had another idea. With the signal form two satellites, and a
known high over sea it should be possible to locate you on north or south of
earth (only two possibilities).
This would be nice if you go on a mountain and you are standing in front of a
"signpost" (google translated) with meters over Sea value to get faster your first fix. A simple
question "Are you in the North of earth?" would be enough to get only one possibility.

BTW: Agreed with Abdelrazak Younes (Mail entered while writing).