FSO Control - New Project and Initial Package

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Fri Oct 31 02:35:01 CET 2008

Hey,

Here's a package for fso-control. A finger-friendly Edje GUI to control
your phone with frameworkd.

https://projects.openmoko.org/frs/download.php/459/fso-control_0.1.0_all.ipk
First time making a package. Oh Boy!

I started a project for it at
http://fso-control.projects.openmoko.org/

And some notes:

Version 0.1.0 - 30 Oct 2008 " You gotta start somewhere"
    Initial release of FSO Control.
    Beside being rough here are some points and notes:

    * I'd like to launch this with a POWER button press but I can not
      figure out how to set the DISPLAY environment when launching a
      GUI with a rule in oevents.  You can try though.  Put a rule in
      /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml like this:

      trigger: InputEvent()
          filters:
                  - HasAttr(switch, "POWER")
                  - HasAttr(event, "pressed")
          actions: Command("fso-control")

    * Depending on the version of frameworkd-conf the is a typo in
      /etc/dbus-1/system.d/frameworkd.conf

           <policy user="root">
               <allow own="org.freesmartphone.ousaged"/>
      -        <allow send_path="/org/freesmartphone/usage"/>
      +        <allow send_path="/org/freesmartphone/Usage"/>
               <allow send_destination="org.freesmartphone.Usage"/>
               <allow receive_sender="org.freesmartphone.Usage"/>
          </policy>

    * The "lock" button does nothing and will become a button to power
      the various radios - gsm,gps,wifi,blutooth.  Perhaps configure
      them also?

    * The more button does nothing.  I don't know what it should do.

digger