Need help to run java apps on openmoko

Girish Revadigar girishrevadigar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:59:18 CET 2008

Hi,

I tried according to your guidelines and got the cacao and jamvm installed
onto my openmoko.(neo freerunner). I compiled a small HelloWorld program on
my pc to generate HelloWorld.class file, which prints Hello World when run
on my PC using:  java HelloWorld command. After that i copied the same
HelloWorld.class file to my openmoko device (freerunner) and tried to run
using the cacao, but it gives the following error:

output when run with cacao:
# cacao HelloWorld
LOG: [0x400211d0] exception thrown while vm is initializing:
LOG: [0x400211d0] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.object
LOG: [0x400211d0] Aborting ...
Aborted

output when run with jamvm:
# jamvm HelloWorld
Exception occured while vm initialising.
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Class

Also tried running the test.jar file from cacao, and jamvm, that also gives
the same result:

output when tried to run jar file with cacao:
# cacao -cp -jar test.jar
LOG: [0x400211d0] exception thrown while vm is initializing:
LOG: [0x400211d0] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.object
LOG: [0x400211d0] Aborting ...
Aborted

output when tried to run jar file with jamvm:
# jamvm -jar test.jar
Exception occured while vm initialising.
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Class

What can be wrong in my settings? Please update me.

Thank you
Girish